Monday 7 September 2015

L1: Computer Science

Folders and Course Info

L/O To develop your understanding of the course

Starter - 5 minutes


To folders/books...Add 

  • Your name
  • Mrs Palmer
  • Computer Science

Main - 45 minutes



Q: How long do I have to complete Computer Science GCSE? 
A: You have three years in total. 1 year to complete the Entry Level qualification and a further two years for the full GCSE.

Q: What exactly will I be doing this year? Will I have exams as well as coursework?
A: You will complete an Entry Level Certificate in Computing this year. Your year will be graded on the following:

  • Hardware test
  • Software test
  • Logic test
  • Python coursework
(don't worry - I will prepare you for all of this throughout the year!)

Q: What kind of topics will I be doing this year? 
A: We will start with looking at the components of a computer and some basic programming. The year covers everything from RAM and ROM to Binary!

it is the year for code - see this article

Any other questions?

Course Overview - HERE


Plenary - 10 minutes

Give me your name and blog address - add it to the Google Doc 
9p4 - HERE
9m3 -HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment